Is your company faced with an upcoming relocation and want to know what your commercial moving options are? Do you have a practice group or division moving from one location to an off-site location, and now you don’t need all the resources of a large, traditional mover? Contact one of our move consultants to get an instant quote for your move. Yes, it’s that easy. Our commercial moving services are straightforward and affordable, so be sure to give us a call today.
Our movers have completed countless hours of training and have successfully finished hundreds of corporate moves, so they know what it takes to wrap, pack, load, and unload your items quickly and safely to minimize your firm’s downtime. We have the tools, the knowledge, and the dedication to ensure that you get a job done right every time you need us.
Every office move is led and managed by an experienced and professional working project manager who is responsible for being your on-site point person and who will ensure that all your instructions are followed carefully. We want you to feel in control of your move, so any questions or concerns you may have can be asked directly to your project manager. Your project manager will oversee the moving process and adjust anything you might need to make your move easier and seamless.
Your business and your employees matter to us. That’s why we always do our best to move all equipment and supplies as carefully as possible. With an unparalleled attention to detail and passion for what we do, we can guarantee that Washington Express Movers is the team to call. Contact us today to learn more about our services and receive a quote. Also, don’t forget to click the link below to download our moving checklist! We want you to feel as prepared as possible for our team to assist you during your big move.
Many offices and companies require their employees to pack up their own office spaces, including their filing cabinets and even their desks. Yikes! While requesting that your employees move all their personal items is completely reasonable, we know that they aren’t ready to handle the heavy lifting. Here are some of the top ways you can get ready for your office move before Washington Express Movers arrives on the scene to help your team.
Learn the Restrictions
There may be things that change in the new office versus the old one. For example, there may be plans for new furnishings. Old desks may no longer be needed, and current decorations could be discarded in the transition. Make sure you know all the “rules” of the move before you begin packing—including what to do with old and unwanted documents, the moving date, and how to handle furniture. Also, you will want to let your employees know where they will be sitting. If they will have a window seat, they are probably more likely to bring their desk plant with them.
Conquer the Filing Cabinets
An office move is a perfect time to clear out the filing cabinets and get rid of any paperwork that is no longer necessary. Depending on your business, this might be the most difficult part of the move. First, make sure your employees know what documents need to be kept. Those which are no longer necessary should either be shredded or recycled, whichever is in line with your company’s protocol. After packing all the files in boxes, make sure to label them with the name of whoever is in charge of those files to ensure they are delivered to the proper desk. It never hurts to make a general note on the box regarding the contents so that your employees know what to unpack first.
While we will transport personal items from one location to the next, many people prefer to transport any personal items themselves. That way, there is no chance of their stuff accidentally ending up somewhere it shouldn’t. Feel free to ask our project managers if our moving insurance covers personal items, as it may not.
What makes Washington Express Movers stand out above the rest? On top of our dedicated and knowledgeable professionals, we send an office move project manager alongside our team to ensure that everything is completed smoothly and quickly. We know you have a lot to do during your move, so let our project managers lay out the plan, guide you through the process, and ensure that you are happy with the end results.
Why a professional office moving project manager?
These people are trained to consider any potential issues and tackle them head-on before they ever have a chance to develop. Their job is to help your staff worry about their own work rather than manage an office move. Chances are, they haven’t worked on overseeing a move before, meaning that they won’t necessarily know what to do in case something goes wrong.
Also, our project managers keep a close eye on time and budgets. We want your move to run smoothly, without interrupting your business unnecessarily. Our managers respect your budget and want to work only within the time frame that your company requests. They know where to suggest money and time-saving options, especially because they can see your company’s current layout and needs with an external eye.
We would love to help your move be a quick and easy success, so contact us today to get ahold of one of our project managers.
Moving isn’t just tossing stuff in a box and heading on your way. By planning ahead for a commercial move, you are much more likely to have business back up and running in no time at all. And, if you plan well, you won’t lose any time during your hours of operation. Here are some tips to help you get your move completed quickly, on time, and within budget.
- Plan the move early. The sooner you begin your preparation, the easier it will be for both your employees and you. Some relocations are planned about six months in advance, and if you want yours to be successful and easy, we recommend having at least this much time.
- Hire movers. While we make the job easier with our experience and our resources, we are also doing you a favor. The last thing you want is an employee to attempt to move something and get injured in the process. This could be quite the liability issue for you. Not to mention, you will need to invest in moving equipment and vehicles regardless. Why not just hire a company to handle that for you?
- Ask us for our insurance. We would be happy to provide proof of our insurance, and many office buildings will require this information anyway. That way, you are ready to talk to your new office managers and help them feel at ease with the moving process.
- Schedule the move with both buildings. You will need to communicate when you will be performing your move, both the building you are leaving and the new one. Your move will most likely need to be completed outside of your standard business hours, as many buildings don’t have the space for a move during these hours. The weekend or evenings are the best time for such moves.
- Check with your new building about requirements. There may be regulations as far as the amount of time you can be parked at the building, as well as how the floors are covered or handled during a move. Also, most buildings will require you to reserve an elevator in advance.
- Communicate with employees. The earlier you talk to your team and let them know what the plan is, the more likely it is that the move will go smoothly. They can begin packing up their personal items without much delay.
- Choose what printed materials need to be changed. Anything that has your physical address will likely need to be updated, including envelopes, letterhead, or business cards.
- Announce the move. Inform any clients who regularly stop in that your business will be moving as soon as you have the new location finalized. You can send out emails, create flyers, or whatever you may need to get the message out.
- Ask us about packing. Packing can be a challenging part of your move, but we are happy to help. Contact Washington Express Movers for additional assistance.
- Take inventory. You will want to know exactly what needs to be transported to the new location, as well as make a list of everything you can expect to arrive. That way, if something goes missing, you’ll be able to quickly discover what it is and where it may have gone.
- Arrange a walkthrough of the new building. That way, you can ensure that everything is ready for business. There should be no leaks, no broken bulbs, or any other problems before you move in.
- Inquire about the HVAC schedule. Should you choose to move your business over the weekend, you will want to know if they turn off the heating or the air over the weekends. That could make your moving conditions quite uncomfortable.
- Give your employees time to pack. Not all of them will be able to stay after hours to pack up all their stuff. Simply giving them half an hour at the end of a Friday may be just enough. That way, they can pack up all their desk items. Have them take their personal items with them to transport if they wish.
- Keep a couple managers onsite during the move. You can keep one at the old building and one at the new just to oversee what’s going on. However, try not to bring in many more managers than that, as they could get in the way of the movers and our team!
- Test your internet and data before the move. If your internet isn’t correctly set up, the IT team will not be able to set up fully before operations have to begin. And if your business relies heavily on computers, this could be a serious issue.
- If you do use IT equipment, make sure it’s moved first. This will ensure that your IT team can get to work quickly before having to set up the phones, computers, and whatever else your business needs.
Of course, we want to do our part to ensure that your office move runs smoothly and efficiently. Don’t hesitate to call us for more advice and to schedule your moving date.
We want you to know that our company strives to be the best when it comes to office moving services in the D.C. area. That’s why we offer the following services:
- A pre-move consultation to go over the finer details of your project
- A detailed and comprehensive written cost estimate so you can plan your budget ahead of time
- Full project management with an on-site manager to direct the move
- Crate and material rental
- Furniture installation
- Furniture decommissioning
- Post-move services
Each of our office movers has been trained to handle delicate items and hefty furniture alike. We take all the necessary precautions to avoid damage to floors, walls, doors, and any other existing installations.
We also know that your business doesn’t just stop because you need to move. That's why we send movers when it is most convenient to your business, whether that means day or night. If we need to move your office in sequences, that can be arranged as well. Together, we will make a plan that makes sense for your company. Reach out now to talk to one of our moving consultants who can tell you more about your options. Whether you need to plan for a move six months away or one for this afternoon, our team is here for you.